The capital market can be viewed as a layer cake. It consists of four layers, senior debt, subordinated debt, mezzanine capital and private equity capital. We raise all of these forms of financing and capital for our clients, whether related to funding growth, making an acquisition, extracting a dividend, etc. We engage only the best capital sources to compete for the opportunity to support our clients.
The key elements include:
- Assessing the use of proceeds to properly align the nature of the funding
- Modeling the outcome before going-to-market to set expectations
- Preparing information materials to best represent the opportunity
- Selecting the best sources to participate in a competitive auction process
- Negotiating the best terms for our client on a short and long term basis
- Addressing possible inter-creditor, control, etc., matters
We begin by assessing the use of proceeds and modeling the new capitalization structure. The best sources of funding are then solicited for purposes of participating in a competitive auction. Terms are negotiated, a source(s) is selected and closing documents are negotiated. The process takes two to six months.
You can expect more from us. We will customize any new capitalization structure to the nature of our client’s business, and the results of our pre go-to-market analysis will closely reflect the terms that will be obtained. Most importantly, we will achieve the best possible funding terms.
If yes is an answer to any of these questions, please contact us:
- Might you benefit from funding beyond what your bank is providing?
- Are you familiar with all of the forms of funding that might be available?
- Are you aware when each form of available capital might be best?